Patrick Barclay is an independent insurance agent, and has been running his own agency since 1987. The odd looking assortment of letters behind his name stand for Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow. What that means is that he is committed both to knowledge and ethics when it comes to life insurance products.
In addition to being passionate about excellence in his insurance business, Patrick is also passionate about a few other things in life.
First and foremost of those passions is his wife and family. Patrick married his lovely bride Linda the same year he started Barclay & Associates, just three years after they met. They have one daughter, who is grown and living in another state. Though Patrick and Linda are now “empty nesters” they stay busy and share many interests and hobbies together.
One of those interests is Patrick’s other passion: football at his alma mater, East Carolina University (ECU). Season ticket holders since 1991, Patrick and Linda often spend weekends tailgating at ECU games or supporting the team through the booster club.
Since Patrick first started selling insurance in 1980, he has won numerous awards recognizing his commitment to excellence. He’s also continued to build his knowledge and his business by furthering his education and joining civic clubs and and networking groups.
Patrick’s remarkable professionalism and dedication have earned him the distinction of being one of only 14 agents to have $100 million of in force life insurance business with the North American Company.
From his more than 30 years in Virginia Beach to his long marriage and his loyalty to ECU, one trait stands out about Patrick: dedication. Dedicated to his family, dedicated to his college, dedicated to his education, and dedicated to his business and his customers.
- A.A. College of Albemarle
- B.S. East Carolina University
- Registered Rep. FESCO-NASD (Virginia)
- Life Underwriters Training Council Fellow (LUTCF)
- College Market School – Dallas, TX
- Career Development School – Dallas, TX
- Financial Blue Print – Dallas, TX
- Business Insurance School – Dallas, TX
- Professional Development Conference. American College – Bryn Mawr, PA
- Life Underwriters Training Course – Norfolk, VA
- Advanced Business Planning Course – Norfolk, VA
- Mutual Success School – Las Vegas, NV
- Hampton Roads Continuing Education Conference – Virginia Beach, VA
- Fidelity Union Top Ten Rookie
- Mid Atlantic Leading Rookie
- Fidelity Union Leaders Forum
- Senior Field Underwriter
- Past Member of the Virginia Beach Jaycees
- Past Member of the Million Dollar Round Table
- ECU Pirate Club
- TMG Life Dignitaries
- TMG Life All Stars
- Member, Business Network International (BNI) Success Group